Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hi, my name is CC, and I have OCD at Christmas


I think I have seasonal OCD. If that’s even possible.

For reals.
I cannot stop making people open the Christmas gifts I got for them early. It literally drives me crazy, I can’t even stand it.

If the person I bought the gift for is near me, I bug them and bug them to open it up, open it PLEEEASE, please pleeease open it, open it right now, omg you will die, OPEN IIIIIT!!! I’ll be so happy if you open it!!! YOU’LL be so happy if you open it!
Oooopen it! You could use it RIGHT NOW!!!
If you don’t open it, I swear to gawd I’ll scream.
JUST! OPEN! IIIT!

It’s impossible for me to control. Not to mention I drive these poor souls nuts while I obsess myself right out of my skin.

And then what ends up happening is I go shopping again to replace the gifts that they have already opened so that they have something to open on Christmas. It’s costing me a bloody fortune, I swear. I’m up to almost 2 grand already this year.
I know, right.
Eff sakes.

WTF is this all about exactly?
It’s the same thing every year, and every year I swear I won’t do it next year, but as soon as I have a gift wrapped and ready to put under the tree, I NEED the recipient to open it.
It drives me mental. No joke.

So the only solution I can think of is to stay away from the people I bought for until its Christmas day in order to control myself.
Which sucks, because I want to see my g/f and friends before the weekend.
But it may very well be the only answer.

I wonder if I should see a doctor about it in the new year?
It’s the one and only thing that I cannot control, and I just can’t seem to not do that on Christmas or on ppl’s birthdays.

Maybe I really am a bit cracked after all.

Well, it has put me in the giving mood at any rate, and I am feeling pretty effen festive this week.

Now if I can just hold out until Monday before I pressure anyone else to open their gifts early.

Perhaps I should put the remaining gifts in a safety deposit box…

6 Comments:

  • Hehe Mizz,
    You are so funny.
    Just go shopping on the 23rd.

    Love ya,
    Muah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

  • lol - right back atcha daahlink...

    Wish you were here to enjoy my neurosis!

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 11:56 AM  

  • i don't think there is anything wrong with this. You keep the economy going so countless others can live off the system. The joy of gift giving is like music to your soul. It's not so much the actual gift as it is the love, excitment and the kindness of giving that most likely attracts you to spend heaping amounts of money. But really, it's just chunk change anyways. ;-) Merry Christmas CC and all the bestest in 2007. We shall have a fondue early January methinks...

    By Blogger Jeff Skybar, at 8:23 AM  

  • hmm...good point about helping the economy.

    It's true, the gifts aren't the real excitement for me, but rather the happiness I hope to see in the recipients smile!

    Merry Christmas to you too J, hope to see you on New Year's.

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 11:07 AM  

  • Hey - I think Malina's got it...just don't shop until the 23rd! That way, you don't come across as being slightly crazy! LOL

    ...and your wallet will thank you too.

    By Blogger MB, at 11:22 AM  

  • From a slightly more psycoanalytical point of view (one that may result in you being pissed at me) this obsession you have may be linked to a need for validation. Maybe you need the recipients to approve of the gift you chose for them so badly you can't wait for them to open it.
    This could be way off and I'm not basing it on anything I've observed before just on what you wrote in this post. It's just one of many possible explanations. Hope you managed to save some for Christmas morning. See you NY's Eve?

    By Blogger Matty, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home