Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dancing Queens


So this group of 3 gay guys living in the apartment next to mine are driving me up the effen wall.
They are young - I’d say under 25, and LOUD LOUD LOUD.
Like all the time.
Screaming, hootin and hollerin, and generally acting like kids whose parents have permanently left them without a babysitter.

Then there’s the music.
Oh My Gawd, the music.
They constantly blare this euro techno crap in their place, and lucky me - my bedroom wall is right next to where I suspect their stereo is.
It doesn’t matter what day of the week, what time of the day; it’s always this BUMP-BUMP-BUMP-BA-DA-BUMP-BUMP-BUMP.
Egads - it never stops!

Kay - first of all, do you not have J-O-B-S? Or do yer mommy’s and daddy’s subsidize your rent and party funds for you?
It makes me wonder, because they party every night until well past 2 or 3 in the am.

Secondly - what exactly makes you think that the entire neighborhood wants to hear your shit trash music everyday? Not everyone feels like partaking in your impromptu raves every night! Jeesh. There are kids in some of the suites too, like how the parents get them to sleep at all is completely beyond me.

Going to my landlord to complain is absolutely pointless, as he is a useless tit that technically just lives there. Getting him to fix something, clean the hall ways, the laundry room, the foyer, the yard - not too likely. Getting him to get off his ass and tell one of the tenants to shut it probably isn’t in the cards.

So I have been partaking in a battle of wills with these fools myself for the last few months, and I tells ya, I’m getting tired of it. I just wish they’d move the eff out.

I’ve called the police on them twice on weekday nights at like 4am, but they just tell them to keep it down.
I printed off a copy of the noise bylaw and shoved it under their door. That shut them up for all of about a week.
I pound on the wall and yell at them to turn it down - it rarely works.
I have taken to placing my own stereo speakers right up against the wall, popping in the Pixies and Nirvana, and cranking it to 30. That shuts them up for just that night.

Sigh and AAAARRRRRGGGHHH.

Last night, it started up again at like 10:30, and I was like PLEASE DIE.
I considered egging their balcony or their front door. Decided against it, as I’m sure I’d get it right back.
I decided instead to put a honkus large post it note on their mailbox in the foyer for everyone to see. In giant Jiffy Marker I wrote:
NOT EVERYONE IN THIS BUILDING IS INTERESTED IN JOINING YOUR TECHNO TWINK DANCE PARTIES EVERY NIGHT. HAVE SOME RESPECT! KEEP IT DOWN TO A DULL ROAR PLEASE!!”

Tee-hee.

Immature? Absolutely.
But fuck me runnin up a hill - I’ve had it with these idiots.

It was gone from the mailbox when I left for work this morning, so one of them obviously saw it and took it off. I hope they are embarrassed enough to either turn it down or move out.
I doubt it though.

We’ll see if retribution pays me a visit tonight. I’m expecting something from them for sure.
Bring it on bitchez.

6 Comments:

  • But....are they cute??? CC, time to get out of the "projects" - as Karen Walker used to say to will, and get a home. Then you can watch your neighbours from behind blinds as they make a mountain of garbage each and every week. Or the other night when the repo man came with the tow truck and hauled their minivan away. See? The burbs are a lot of fun!

    By Blogger Jeff Skybar, at 11:38 AM  

  • Plan is in the works J...another couple years of scrimping and saving, and a down payment will be ready to roll.
    I've already decided where I want to live - it's urban chic to the tits, and will be a perfect starter home for me I reckon.

    Are they cute? Well, you're barking up the wrong tree for info on that one, but I suppose they are, yes.
    They're total twinkies though - a bit femmy for your liking I think ;)

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 11:54 AM  

  • that hot head runs in the family dont ya know!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 PM  

  • ..I think while your stuck where you are, it's time for some sweet revenge. Gotta think up something novel, twisted and crafty that will make them revisit their purposes in life. I am willing to have a brain pow-wow to think something up. Maybe we should do that at Jeff's some night soon?

    By Blogger MB, at 3:52 PM  

  • Ooh, this could be fun!

    By Blogger MB, at 3:52 PM  

  • lololol Reid...I like the way your mind works. I'm all for dishing twisted, diabolical schemes to those who deserve it in this world.

    Once common courtesy and respect are ignored, I can turn quite vengeful if need be. Maybe even evil. EEEEVIIIIIL.
    And you bet it can be fun!

    I'm all for a brain storming session...

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home