Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Release That Air

Update time.
I know, I know I’m totally slacking with posts lately. Thing is, I just can’t find the motivation to write anything. Or paint. Or photograph. My creativity button is set on snooze it seems.
Just waiting on the inspiration fairy to pay me a little visit.

The most exciting news I can think of writing about is the glory of this handy dandy little contraption:

A warm air mist humidifier.

I know; my life is way too exciting these days.
Seriously though, this thing rocks my proverbial socks harder than anything I can remember.

The reason I bought it was that my optometrist recommended it for my eye irritation problem. I have been making regular visits to the money sucker for the past 3 weeks due to an extraordinarily dry cornea in my left eye, taking a handful of different prescription drops, ointments, and lubricants along with flax seed oil in my breakfast everyday. Gah.
Last week, after appointment number gazillion, there was no change/improvement in the irritation, so I was prescribed effen steroids to see if that would alleviate the problem.

Guess what? Nope. No change. Now I guess it's wait and see to find out if I grow facial hair and an adam's apple due to side affects.

So I went back late last week for further treatment options, and was told there’s nothing they can do.
I was like WTF?! FIX IT!! She said there’s nothing more they can do, come back when it feels better and we’ll get you a new lens prescription (what one has to do with the other I have no idea). Needless to say I was pretty frustrated. I said are you SERIOUSLY telling me I have to keep living with this pain??? She said, unfortunately yes, there’s nothing more we can do, blah, blah, blah.
She happened to mention a humidifier as something to try, so I figured what the eff. I’ve already spent my life savings on all these useless appointments and prescriptions that didn’t do squat, what’s one more purchase?
WELL. After the first night of having this bad boy running at home, I had no redness, no irritation, nothing. Who woulda thunk it. Seriously, this thing has cured meeeee!!!! I am so relieved, you have no idea.

So heads up kiddies, if you suffer from dry eyes, before you waste your moolah on useless eye drops, try some warm humidity first. Leave the fucker running all day/night…every once in a while, stand by it and place you eyes directly over the humidity vent even. It’s heaven I tells ya! You can almost hear your eyes slurping up the moisture! Er, that’s kinda gross, but you get my point.

Buy one. Live it. Love it.

Hmmm. What else.
Next week is the last week of November, and I haven’t even started making lists for Christmas shopping yet. Mainly because I have no idea what to get anyone this year. I have decided to keep it small, as I am planning on getting some hampers together for the less fortunate in the city, but I can’t come up with any ideas for those nearest and dearest. Panic will commence in T-minus 10 days if I don’t get on this and spend some time getting organized.
I don’t want to be running around like a freak on fire a week before Christmas. I want to actually ENJOY the holidays - like take in some events, walk in the snow, check out light displays, party with friends, etc. What it’s actually supposed to all be about.
Stress should be kept to a minimum I reckon.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaays. What else?

Things have been kind of off in the blogosphere as of late, as some of my fave bloggers have decided to close down shop (for reasons totally understandable). That’s been kind of suckin because they really do become a big part of your daily routine. I miss my morning chuckles and knowing what’s up in the world of my friends.
Sigh.
I’ll get used to it soon enough.

Strange how we come to expect these online diaries to be around for our enjoyment forever. It’s a weird dynamic. I think in a lot of ways it has surpassed the desire to connect by phone or email - is that good or bad?
At any rate, I hope to remain in touch with those who have decided to call it a day in this realm.

That’s it, that’s all. I’m out.


3 Comments:

  • But I'm BAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!! I always knew I was coming back, just now I am smarter then before.

    By Blogger Jeff Skybar, at 12:35 PM  

  • Weeeeeee!!! I'm so happy that you decided to start up again.

    I agree...lesson learned in the blogging world. I had a similar sitch not too long ago, as you know.
    No matter how private and exclusive to your friends you think thoughts on your blog are, experience has shown to more than a couple of us that that's just not the case.
    It's open to what/whomever out there in the abyss of the www.

    Just gotta keep that in mind when posting personal info I guess.

    At any rate, welcome back!

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 12:53 PM  

  • Mmmm slurrping eyeballs! Yummy! I becoming increasingly suspicious that doctors don't know what they're talking about and just like to throw perscriptions at you. How typical that a non-pharmaceutical option was the last resort and actually worked. Glad you're feeling better.

    By Blogger Matty, at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home