Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Meh...



I am skimping on updates lately, because honestly, I don’t have a lot to say.

It’s not that there’s nothing exciting going on in my life - there always is - but posting about my daily activities seems boring to me. Maybe it’s not boring to you…I dunno.

Anways. Let’s see…

It’s effen cold outside - snowing and blowing. I think winter has unofficially arrived. Although cold is not my first pick for favorite seasons, I do enjoy it. Cozy sweaters, warm fires, making toasty home cooked meals, walking in the snow…

The one thing I don’t like to see this time of year is the ever increasing homeless population on the streets - huddled in corners, trying to keep warm with old blankets and cardboard.
It is absolutely inhumane - regardless of the reasons these people ended up on the streets in the first place.
Warmth, food, and shelter are human essentials no matter who you are. It irritates me to no end to see the number of people on our city streets at any time of year - we are the most prosperous city in the country! There’s simply no need for it.

Our homeless shelters are filled to capacity on a nightly basis, and there is no priority for low income housing to be designated/built to help alleviate some of the problem.
It’s bloody ridiculous.
But I do understand the politics behind it all - I, along with all people working in and supporting the current economic boom in Calgary - am part of the problem. We need to push the city and provincial government to address this issue. Relentlessly.
But that won’t happen, because we are all comfy in our cushy jobs, extravagant homes, and middle to upper class lifestyles. It’s never a problem until it happens to you.
Apathy.

Anyways…

On a totally unrelated note, there’s something wrong with my left eye, and it’s driving me up the effen wall. It’s been constantly irritated for over 4 weeks now, and nothing seems to help.
I’ve tried eye washes, antibiotic drops, flushing systems, heat, cold, everything. It just isn’t clearing up.
So off to the eye doctor I go this afternoon to get an exam. I hope they can figure out what it is and prescribe some relief, along with a new lens prescription I would imagine. CHA-CHING.
Can’t wait to see the damage on that bill. I’m expecting between $500-$600 easily if I need new glasses. Ouch.
But whatever, I can’t take this irritation for one more day. It’s swollen, red, and I have a very painful stabbing sensation occurring like every 5 minutes.
If the doctor can’t figure out what’s wrong, I swear I am going to gouge it out myself - with a rusty spoon!

What else…hmm. I don’t know.
I need to come up with a Halloween costume idea on the ASAP and get on buying the materials to get it together. Problem is, I can’t think of anything awesome to go as this year, so I’m drawing a blank and starting to panic.

I am open to suggestions.

Meh. I’m starvin like Marvin. Going to get some lunch.

My next post won’t be nearly as ass as this one has been - promise.

Until next time dear readers…

2 Comments:

  • If you use a rusty spoon you'll just end up with an irritated cavity. Surely you have access to a clean spoon. On the costume front, try googling "costume ideas". I found some pretty good ones. Especially if you like corny.

    By Blogger Matty, at 6:57 PM  

  • lol @ "irritated cavity". That doesn't sound appealing AT ALL.

    Good call re. looking for costume ideas on the web...I'm sure I'll find something. The main problem right now is procrastination...

    Any luck with the job hunt yet?

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home