Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Candlesticks and Corkscrews

It’s certainly beginning to feel like fall outside these days.
The sky is grey and there’s a very chilly wind blowing in from the north west...I’m sure it won’t be long before we see snow on the ground now.
I quite like this time of year, probably more so than summer. September just always feels like the beginning of new things in life – even though flowers die, gardens wilt, and leaves blow off their summer branches.
Maybe I equate this time of year to new things because of school semesters in my younger days?

Anyways, I’ve had to pull out the sweaters, warm jackets, and flannel PJ’s from the closet this week. It feels good to put them on – like an old friend. Toasty and warm…

Sandy is coming home tonight.
She’s been in Ottawa on business for a week now, and I was starting to miss her, so I’m excited to see her when she gets back into town.
Hopefully a nice dinner and some wine will follow this evening, if she’s not too tired that is. If so, there’s always the weekend to spend time together.
If it’s cold out, I am hoping to stay in and watch movies together, and perhaps make some homemade soups or stews. Or cabbage rolls! Yeah! That’s a better idea!
I effen LOVE cabbage rolls – especially on blustery days. I make a mean cabbage roll too. Weee.

In other news, this is supposed to be my last week consulting at another company. Fat chance though – they are so unorganized here, and I’ve wasted oceans of time waiting on people and fishing for information. That was not part of the initial agreement, so I’ve been a bit miffed about that.

The idea was for them to have the information I needed compiled BEFORE I got here, so that I could work my magic and produce a detailed schedule for the project in 2-3 weeks. Well, this is week 3, and I’m still having to sit through meetings with geologists and engineers while they hash out what needs to happen when and if it needs to happen at all.

Aaaargh. Frustrating.

So my guess is I’ll be back next week and perhaps the week after to finish this up.
Then they should really hire someone to oversee the schedule I developed and progress it in real time. I am washing my hands of it when the initial development is done – which was supposed to be tomorrow ffs.
Quite frankly I’m getting tired of lugging around this honkus laptop, cables, power cords, etc. to and fro every day. It’s bloody heavy and my back is killing me!
(wah, wah…I know – suck it up. It could always be worse, I get it).

We’ll see what happens with this.

And there you have it. Nothing too exciting to write about.

Have a smashing day all.

1 Comments:

  • Nope...just in the process of understanding and fully ridding myself of the whole thing...

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home