Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Afternoon Finger Painting

Today was nice and relaxing.

After I finished my obligatory weekend chores, I got down to biznazz and did a painting.

A few weekends ago, I went for a drive out by Sundre and began picking up leaves that had freshly fallen for an idea that I've had.
I Didn't want to wait too late in the season to collect them, because they get too dry and brittle. These ones were fresh and still very moist.

So I was thinking of a painting somehow incorporating all the different leaves I collected.
I decided to paint them and apply them to an irradescent copper backround, pressing them onto the canvas.

Here's how it went:








And voila....here's the finished product:

Hmmm. Not QUITE how I wanted it to turn out...alot of the leaves cracked and broke while I pressed them, so there were some good ones that I couldn't use.
I think I like it. I'll give it a couple days before I decide.

And now, I must go soak my hands in paint thinner.
I've got so much indian ink and acrylic on my fingers right now...gotta try and get it off before tomorrow morning's meetings @ work.
It wouldn't look too good if I showed with my hands looking the way they do right now...

Hope everyone had a fab weekend.

1 Comments:

  • very creative painting Deb hope next time I come down I can see your paintings

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home