Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Friday, August 25, 2006

Attention: Everyone Remain CALM

I have been experiencing a foreign sense of calm these last few days.

It’s NICE for a change.

I think I have come to a big conclusion in my life, and really feel comfortable with who I am becoming. The funny thing is I have consciously tried to reach this point for years, and in the end, it just gradually happened.
Maybe this lends a bit of credibility to the reason/timing for everything belief.
Could very well be…

I guess the most important thing I have learned up to this point is that we have to live our lives striving for what makes US happy. Not other people. Because it seems to me that if you spend all of your energy trying to please others, you eventually find yourself feeling lost and unhappy.
Where is the reward or satisfaction in that? Why sabotage yourself? There are plenty of elements in people and the world that want to do that to you as it is…

I think it’s really important to take care of yourself and follow your instincts (morals/values). It’s certainly not an EASY thing to do, but I think it is absolutely crucial for self contentment. And if you’re not happy with yourself, how can you be happy or healthy in your social or intimate relationships?
You really can’t be, and I think that’s all it comes down to.

Life certainly is strange.

We all grow and change, and that’s what it’s supposed to be all about.
I suppose the lesson is to do it with a good sense of who you are and what you want, and perhaps life’s shit storms will be a little less frequent and easier to bear.

1 Comments:

  • amen to that debster. Glad i found your blog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home