Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Working 9 to 5...er, I Mean 7 - 6 - What A Way To Make A Liiivin...


I don't have much to update latley...

I was re-assigned at work for the short term (which always seems to turn into long term), and have been working out of 3 different offices in 3 different buildings every day.
Needless to say, it's been crazy and I am exhausted with information overload and trying to decipher what really IS priority. Everybody seems to think that they are highest priority naturally, so I have been subject to a lot of inter office lip service and BS.
Luckily I have grown a thin layer of teflon on top of my finely tuned BS detector, so I am not being overwhelmed by it all.

You do the best you can and no one can bitch. That's my theory. So far, so good.

The good news is I seem to be making a good name for myself in the industry, and this could lead to a new position in a more prestigious company in the near future.
The bad news is the bigger the company, the worse the toll of the project scope on my morals (oil formations on native or protected land).
But such is the price of being a capitalist whore.

Hey man, a girl's gotta eat. It's hard out here for a pimp - haven't ya heard?

Anyways, in other news, not much is going on. Work is pretty tiring, so my down time at home has been consisting of laying on the couch and drooling.

Hope all is well with you fine folks in the blogging world.

Lates.

1 Comments:

  • lmaooo @ whore. You got me figured there J.
    I have a conscience too...pops up at the most inopportune times - likes business meetings and SOW discussions.
    But I'm getting better at flipping the numb switch when that happens.

    I figure the work would go on without me anyways, so I might as well try and get my piece of the pie.

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home