Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Did They Stick You In here Cuz You Weren't Working Right?

I took one of those online tests on personality disorders this morning for kicks, and here are the results I got:

Disorder Rating

Paranoid Disorder: Low

Schizoid Disorder: Moderate

Schizotypal Disorder: Low

Antisocial Disorder: Low

Borderline Disorder: Moderate

Histrionic Disorder: Low

Narcissistic Disorder: Moderate

Avoidant Disorder: Low

Dependent Disorder: Low

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: High

-Personality Disorder Test - Take It! -

Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not a raving lunatic or anything like that, but obviously the moderate and high ratings were of concern initially.

The schizoid rating and definition:
People with schizoid personality disorder avoid relationships and do not show much emotion. Unlike avoidants, schizoids genuinely prefer to be alone and do not secretly wish for popularity. They tend to seek jobs that require little social contact. Their social skills are often weak and they do not show a need for attention or acceptance. They are perceived by others as humorless and distant and often are termed "loners."

also:
- Weak interpersonal skills
- Difficulty expressing anger, even when provoked
- Loner" mentality; avoidance of social situations
- Appear to others as remote, aloof, and unengaged
- Low sexual desire
- Unresponsive to praise or criticism

Hmm. Not sure about this one.
- I agree that I don't seek or respond well to exclusive attention or praise for the things I do.
- I don't agree that I have weak interpersonal skills. I am rather social and team oriented for the most part.
- My sex drive is certainly not low.
- I do like working independently, but find it's mainly during times when there is a deadline or where there is conflict within the team; hindering progress.

The borderline rating and definition:
Borderline personality disorder is characterized by mood instability and poor self-image. People with this disorder are prone to constant mood swings and bouts of anger. Often, they will take their anger out on themselves, causing injury to their own body. Suicidal threats and actions are not uncommon. Borderlines think in very black and white terms and often form intense, conflict-ridden relationships. They are quick to anger when their expectations are not met.
also:
- Self-injury or attempted suicide
- Strong feelings of anger, anxiety, or depression that last for several hours
- Impulsive behavior
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Feelings of low self-worth
- Unstable relationships with friends, family, and boyfriends/girlfriends

Well holy hell who knew?? Jaaayzus.
This does not ring very true with me in most respects.
- I think I live pretty much in the grey area of life, although I consider the blacks and whites of any situation.
- I have dabbled in drugs in the past, and understand that I have an addictive tendency, so have curbed most all drug use for quite some time now. Ciggies and drinks though? Hell to the yes. The last two legal drugs. Those are my long term vices, and find it hard to quit them both completley.
- I was suicidal in my late teen years, but have never really fallen back into that way of thinking.
- I think most of my realtionships are pretty stable.
- I do have mood swings, and can be easily angered at times out of frustration. I don't think it's out of control though.
I could be wrong.

The Narcissistic rating and definition:
Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by self-centeredness. Like histrionic disorder, people with this disorder seek attention and praise. They exaggerate their achievements, expecting others to recongize them as being superior. They tend to be choosy about picking friends, since they believe that not just anyone is worthy of being their friend. Narcissists tend to make good first impressions, yet have difficulty maintaining long-lasting relationships. They are generally uninterested in the feelings of others and may take advantage of them.

also:
- Requires excessive praise and admiration
- Takes advantage of others
- Grandiose sense of self-importance
- Lack of empathy
- Lying, to self and others
- Obsessed with fantasies of fame, power, or beauty

LMAOOOOOO is all I gotta say.
- Kay first of all AS IF.
- Secondly, how can I require praise and admiration if my "schizoid" tendencies tell me I am unresposive to praise and do not seek acceptance or attention? Contradict much? Holaaay.
- lolololololol @ "obsessed with fantasies of fame, power, and beauty. Yep, that's me allright. Jeesh.
- Takes advantage of others, lying, lack of empathy??? I am at a loss for words. Except lolololol.

The Obsessive-Compulsive rating and definition:
While Obsessive-Compulsive personality disorder (OCDP) sounds similar in name to obsessive-compulsive anxiety disorder, the two are markedly different disorders. People with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder are overly focused on orderliness and perfection. Their need to do everything "right" often interferes with their productivity. They tend to get caught up in the details and miss the bigger picture. They set unreasonably high standards for themselves and others, and tend to be very critical of others when they do not live up to these high standards. They avoid working in teams, believing others to be too careless or incompetent. They avoid making decisions because they fear making mistakes and are rarely generous with their time or money. They often have difficulty expressing emotion.

also:
- Need for perfection and excessive discipline
- Preoccupation with orderliness
- Inflexibility
- Lack of generosity
- Hyper-focus on details and rules
- Excessive devotion to work

Now this one I definatley agree with! OCD to the tits for this woman!
- I am absolutley obsessed with order, organization, diligence, hard work, discipline, and high standards.
- I am stubborn and often inflexible. Which pisses people off, which I am ok with ;)
- Devoted 110% to my career.
- I agree that although I like the team dynamic at work, I often prefer to do things I am well experienced with on my own to get them done correctly and quickly. I don't have a lot of faith in other people's input or output, I'll admit it. Years of experiencing problems with attitudes, laziness, and outright defiance have contributed to me thinking this way though, that's for sure.
- Very, very, very detail oriented. I go over everything with a fine tooth comb. And a Lysol disinfectant wipe.
- I ENJOY making decisions, so I don't agree with that point.
- I am very generous with both my time and my money, almost too much at times, so I don't agree with that point either.

And there you have it.
Me, disected by an online personality test and posted for all the world to see. Huzzah!
I don't know what kind of credibilty these types of sites have, or where they get their source data for diagnosis, but I say go for it anyways.
Take the test and see what it has to say.

I think we can all identify with some of the points in every category.
But I certainly wouldn't take it to heart too much if you don't identify very much with all of the personality traits generated by the questionnare.

Perhaps it will give you some insight, perhaps not.
It's just a silly little www quiz afterall.

5 Comments:

  • Well I don't know about mine. Here they are:
    Disorder | Rating
    Paranoid: Low
    Schizoid: Low
    Schizotypal: High
    Antisocial: Low
    Borderline: Low
    Histrionic: Low
    Narcissistic: Moderate
    Avoidant: Low
    Dependent: Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

    I mean I find Schizotypal funny as I don't sit and dream about aliens or anything. I just know there is more to life then what we see ya know? It doesn't mean I am withdrawn from society or anything....and Narcissistic? Well perhaps I am choosy with my freinds, but hey if you can't keep up with me or are a downer or cheat, lie to me, or really are a person that requires too much attention from me, I'll cut you of like I cut off my toenails. Done I don't have time for people that drag me down. I guess maybe I might be a bit Narcissistic. Who knows but what a fun test!

    By Blogger Jeff Skybar, at 12:18 PM  

  • And I already know I am OCD. Thank-Gosh it's only moderate.....Now.... Where the heck are my vaccums?

    By Blogger Jeff Skybar, at 12:20 PM  

  • lol @ your vaccums. Yes good thing that you're only moderate!
    That surprises me though...what with your cleaning obsession and such, I thought you'd rank high like I did.

    Your test results are very balanced J, that must mean you spread the crazy around each disorder equally ;)
    I keeeed, I keeed.

    It's good though, seems to me you are in a good mental space - no one "disorder" is dominating your personality according to the test.

    You get a gold star!

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 12:31 PM  

  • Disorder/Rating
    Paranoid/High
    Schizoid/Low
    Schizotypal/Moderate
    Antisocial/Moderate
    Borderline/Moderate
    Histrionic/Moderate
    Narcissistic/Moderate
    Avoidant/High
    Dependent/Moderate
    Obsessive-Compulsive/High

    So it would appear that I am seriously messed up. I think I hide it well don't you? Maybe they all balance each other out. And what is borderline personality disorder? Borderline to what?

    By Blogger Matty, at 8:43 PM  

  • Matty needs crazy pills methinks.

    By Blogger Jeff Skybar, at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home