Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Ending/Start


Well, well. It’s the last official long weekend of summer 2007.
Where did it all go?

I’m kind of looking forward to fall, cuz it’s a beautiful time of year and usually a time of deep reflection for me.

This summer was fun all in all.
I got all the partying out of my system in July, which obvs I had a great time doing.
Got to hang out with my friends lots and get outdoors with Sandy often, so I can’t complain in the least.

When August started, I began a month long cleanse that I am happy to say is due to be over on September 3rd. This means that I have had to behave myself quite a bit this month - no drinking, no smoking, no junk food, very little meat, an all organic diet, and tons of herbal concoctions that all pretty much resemble what I imagine boiled sweat socks must taste like. YUMMAAAY.

I feel great though, and plan to stick to a mainly alkaline based diet from hereon.
The benefits can’t be beaten, for realz.

My main reason for doing this is that I’ve researched body PH a fair bit, and have discovered that disease has a really hard time developing in an alkaline body. Whereas a mainly acid based diet/body is the first catalyst for most diseases - from cancer to diabetes.

Unfortunately, most of the food we all grow up eating and loving is acid based, hence the reason disease is so rampant in our society.
All the yummy things like grains, breads, pastas, sugary beverages, coffees, colas, meats, and dairy all metabolize to create an acid PH in our systems, which is ideal for disease to form and thrive.
It's truly scary because in reality, these foods are what 90% of us eat on a daily basis without knowing any better.

The alkaline diet is based on a 75/25 ratio of alkaline to acid based foods.
This basically means leafy greens and specific nuts and legumes 75% of the time.
A tough switch to make, but a necessary one in my opinion.
It’s just going to take a bit of time to get used to the change.
I’ll save a ton of money on takeout too - there’s virtually nothing you can get at a fast food/take away place or restaurant that isn’t more than 25% acid.
How crazy is that? No wonder so many people suffer from health problems.

Anyways, I got a bit off topic here.

Right.
It’s the last weekend of summer folks! Hope you all make it a memorable one!

2 Comments:

  • SMART GIRL!!! I'm on a organic food/raw nuts, no diary, 75% raw food. Yeah....down with fast food, beef with hormones and all that.
    I learned that if you start buying all the veggies and roots and all that in China town - it's the best thing that you can do. Their varieties of lettuce and beans are the best apparantly.
    I'm moving tomorrow. I'll call u soon. I heart my camera!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 PM  

  • aint that the truth, type 2 dibetes for 7 yrs and i wasnt overweight when i was diagnosed

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home