Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A-OK

Welp – it’s count down time.
2 more days of the grind and then I’ll be jumping on a flight to Victoria with Sandy for 7 days of chill-the-eff-out and pamper thyself indulgence.

It couldn’t come at a better time, as work has been rather hectic for the past few weeks, and this detox I’ve been on has taken some seriously concerted effort and lifestyle adjustment.
Straight out – I’m tired and it’s time to get away.

It’s gonna be awesome, I can feel it.

Hmm. What else?
Not much is coming to mind to post about lately, hence the lack of updates.

Spring has finally sprung in the big city, and it’s absolutely gorgeous outside. Such a welcome relief from the grey and seemingly never ending winter we had this year. It’s got me itching for summer fun, because I know this summer will be a blast.
I’m planning to take extra long weekends whenever possible to get out of the city and do some camping and travelling this year. It’s high time to start taking advantage of the time and opportunities I’ve got I while I got em, I reckon.
Cuz next thing you know, it’s five years later, and you barely remember blinking.

Why is that do you think? Is it because as we get older, we realize there is not as much life left to procrastinate about, or is it because we are more mature and require more worldly stimuli to keep us interested?
Maybe a bit of both.

At any rate, I think I’m coming to a great place in life where I am finally truly happy, and can now focus on the world around me instead of the world inside me.
It’s pretty neat the things you notice when you are content with yourself and your life, and can sit back and enjoy the view for a while.
I can’t remember a time in my life when that was possible before, and I’m really beginning to enjoy this new way of thinking and how satisfying it is.
After all the struggling, pain, frustration, etc. that I’ve been through for as long as I can remember, it all came down to adjusting my perspective.
It was all under my control the whole time; I just never realized it.

What a valuable lesson to learn.

There’s a simple mantra I read about and have been using internally for the past month or so – Have an Attitude of Gratitude. Plain and simple.
Seems to be working too.

Things are better than they have ever been, and for once, I’m not waiting for bad news to come or something bad to happen. Cuz I know that the moment I think that, that’s exactly what will happen.
Just gotta go with the floooooow…

Anyways, I suppose that’s enough rambling for now.
Christ, I sound like a motivational speaker or something.
Or one of "them". Gasp.

That MUST mean it’s time for a vacation. And wouldn’t you know it? There’s one right around the corner ;)

Life is good kids. Real good.
Just takes some practice to realize it sometimes.

4 Comments:

  • Isn't it a great feeling? When you wake up and realize just what you've have talked about...I love it. Just go with the flow and bring the positive into your life and repel the majority of the negative. We are always in control, we just tend to not step up to the plate for a plethora of reasons. Reasons which tend to be walls we put up to protect ourselves from God knows what. Ourselves I guess.

    Anyway don't know where I'm going with this, haven't had a good brain blaster of a intellect session with you lately...we need to schedule one. I'll pencil you in!!

    By Blogger Jeff Skybar, at 6:27 AM  

  • BBQ season is here J, we should plan on a Saturday afternoon/evening outdoor
    brainstorm session.
    With plenty of good food and bevvies of course.

    I'm up for it - lemme know when you've got some free time after May long weekend, hokay?

    PS - nice profile pic. You're lookin pretty buff these days!

    By Blogger Comfortable Chaos, at 9:14 AM  

  • I was going to leave a comment but then I read Jeff's and I couldn't stop laughing. Now I forgot what I wanted to say.
    Jeff - you look HOT!
    Mizz - have a blast on your vacation. Call me when you get back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

  • Have a great trip, CC! Looking forward to chilling with you guys over BBQs and Beers this summer!

    By Blogger MB, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home