Seasoning Salt

Ooooh...Spicaaay!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Hurts So Good

Well my weekend was pretty effen good. Pretty effen good indeed.

On Friday, I didn't have much in the way of weekend plans sorted out, when lo and behold, Miss Malina calls and says she's in town for the night.
WOOT!
Haven't seen her since 2004 - earliest.

We planned to meet up for some lolz and reminisce over our younger years, not really sure if we were going out or staying in.

We eventually decided to stay in, order sushi take-out, and drink some wine (2 bottles were gone by the time it was all said and done).

It was such a special occasion, that I even put my grandma suit on for Mizzo's pleasure - level of disgust aside at the fact that I actually own this outfit, she laughed right along with me.

Holy eff. Did we laugh. And laugh. And laugh.
My stomach still hurts from laughing so much on Friday/Saturday.

Les evidence:




This last one makes her look sorta see through becasue I couldn't get the damn camera to focus properly. Or maybe all the wine we consumed was making ME unable to focus. Who knows.

At one point, I recall asking her all serious like if she was a ghost, because all the shots I was trying to take of her turned out all blurry. Jaayzus.

Anyways, after we got the crazy out of our systems, it was 3:30ish in the morning, so we decided to hit the hay. Dude - we drank for like 9 consecutive hours. Oy.

Saturday morning was painful. For me anyways. Wine hangovers hurt more than most - why is that?

After getting up and showered, we went for a nice walk and lunch at the Met downtown, and before we knew it it was time to get her to the airport for her flight home. It was over so fast, I couldn't believe it.

The good news is we were able to connect again after all this time, and will visit eachother more often from here on.

The craziest part of the visit was that out of seemingly nowhere, Mizzo calls me up and says she's in town, I had no plans, and the night before, she watched The Secret DVD.

Like whoa.

She didn't even know I was reading it, and she wanted to bring it to my place to watch.

What are the odds of that?? It must be that law of attraction thing. Similar frequencies and all. Crazy.

The rest of the weekend was pretty chill. Watched the Flames LOSE game 2 for the love of gawd, went for a bike ride, and had a nice dinner with Sandy last night.

Was goooooooooood.

My ass hurts today because I am not yet used to my bike seat again, and I haven't ridden in a long while. It's all good though - it goes right along with the muscle pain in my stomach from laughing too much on Friday night. This is what they must call the good kinda pain.

Hope you kids had a good weekend too. Happy Monday.

4 Comments:

  • That weekend was so freaking good!
    I don't know why I lost you for soo long - actually I know...but anyways...I need to come back to Calgary more often.
    I'm a ghost!!! Meh.
    P.S. I can't believe you posted these pictures!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

  • Awesome that you and Malina got together, at least for a few hours. Garsh, I miss that girl!

    By Blogger MB, at 4:22 PM  

  • Malina needs to come and party with us again!! Come back to Calgary again!! See all the FABULOUS people (Curtis has a Lexus now darlink)and party like it's 391 B.C.!!

    Now that soul sucking people have vacated, it's OK to come back now Malina! We are smarter now and notice these signs from MILES away.

    I need to get on this secret. Is it like the anti-perspirant?

    These word verifications are getting too long now.

    pkpfoqdbzxwqtyrs - I mean REALLY!

    By Blogger Jeff Skybar, at 6:18 AM  

  • I miss all of you guys SO MUCH!!!!
    When I come back - we have to all get together. Jeff and Reid - you guys are so awesome that I can't even begin to tell you. Maybe I can come for pride- PARTY TIME.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home